Why is my canon printer offline?
Have you been concerned that your Canon printer is showing as offline, which is obstructing your work? Offline printer troubleshooting is simple for us, especially when the error has been plaguing you.
What does it mean when my Canon printer says it’s offline?
Have you been thinking the same thing? It could be useful to know that there are various reasons why your canon printer says offline. We will discuss four causes of Canon printer offline in this section of the article, the most common of which is a defective network. It’s possible that your network connection isn’t working properly. It may operate great at other times, but the connection may have been formed incorrectly. The option on your system to “Use printer offline” is the second reason for the offline problem. When you enable this option, your printer’s printing status may be paused or turned off. The third cause of this issue could be an incorrectly installed printer driver. Furthermore, your device may be offline if the printer driver is loaded but is not the most recent.
Why my Canon printer keeps going offline on Windows 10?
Let’s start with the most fundamental connection issue, resulting in the state of canon printer showing offline windows 10. As a result, make sure your printer gets enough electricity and is linked to your computer via a USB cable or a wireless network.
Check your Canon Printer Set as Default Settings: Canon printers can show an offline error if the PC settings are incorrect. As a result, double-check your Windows 10 settings to ensure that your printer is set to “Default printer.”
To make your Canon printer the default, follow these steps.
- Search for ‘Control Panel’ in Windows and select the ‘Devices and Printers option.
- Next, right-click on your Canon printer and choose ‘set as default’ from the list of printers. You’ll see a green checkmark on your printer once it’s been set as default.
Disabled ‘Use Printer Offline’ Status:
Follow the on-screen instructions to ensure that your Canon printer is error-free.
- First, turn on your printer and search for “run” in the Windows search bar. After that, open the control panel and go to ‘Devices and Printers.’
- After that, your Canon printer will appear on your screen.
- If you see a green checkmark next to your printer icon, right-click on it and choose ‘See what’s printing.’ If your printer is greyed out, right-click it and choose the ‘Set as a default printer option.
- Finally, click on the printer option, and uncheck the two checkboxes next to the options “use Canon Printer Offline” and “Pause Printing” to bring your printer back online from offline mode.
Make sure the Spooler Service on your Canon printer is turned on:
Make sure the spooler server for Canon printers is turned on. If it is set to ‘OFF,’ your Windows 10 system will display the error “my Canon printer is offline.”
As a result, ensure sure your spooler service is turned on by following the instructions below:
- Open the ‘Run’ dialogue box from the Window search bar. Then, in the Run box, type ‘services. MSC and press Enter.
- Now, in the displayed ‘properties’ window, select the ‘printer spooler’ option from the drop-down menu. As soon as you’ve found it, double-check that spooler is in ‘running mode.’ If the printer spooler is not running, right-click it and choose the ‘Start’ option.
If you want to restart the printer spooler service, right-click on the option ‘Printer Spooler’ and choose ‘Restart.’
- Now shut the ‘Properties’ box and check your printer’s status. It should now be in a state where it can be accessed online.
Faulty or Outdated Printer Drivers Can Also Cause the Canon Printer Off Mistake:
Faulty or out-of-date printer drivers can cause the Canon Printer Drives Offline Windows 10 condition. Make sure you have the necessary printer drivers installed and updated on your computer. You have the option of updating it manually or automatically.
To upgrade the Canon printer driver, follow these steps:
- Open the ‘run’ dialogue box on your Windows machine by typing ‘run’ into the search box.
- Then type’ devmgmt. msc in the run dialogue box.
- After that, the Device Manager window will appear. Expand the ‘print queues’ option to locate your Canon printer in the list.
- Then, from the menu, right-click on your Canon printer model and select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- Then, to update driver software, select the ‘Search option automatically’ and restart your computer. These instructions will fix your Canon printer’s offline issue on Windows 10.
Why My Canon Printer Is Offline on Mac?
The ‘Printer Offline’ issue in Canon Printer might be caused by a communication failure between the Mac and the printer. The following are some of the most frequently asked questions by Mac users about this issue:
- My Mac’s Wireless Printer Status Is Offline
- How Do I Restore My Printer on a Mac After It Has Been Turned Off?
- What does it mean when my Canon printer says its offline? What can I do about it?
- How can I get a Canon printer on my Mac?
- Why does my Canon printer on my Mac device continuously going offline?
Steps to Troubleshoot the Error Canon Printer Has Gone Offline on MAC to fix a Canon printer that is appearing offline on a Mac use these two ways.
1. How to Bring an Offline Printer Back Online Using a USB Connection:
- To hard reset the Canon printer, first press and hold the power button.
- On your MAC device, go to the ‘Printer and Scanner’ option in ‘System Preferences’ and delete your printer.
- Then go to ‘Utilities’ and delete the Canon printer driver.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the MAC and printer.
- After that, go to Canon’s official website and download the most recent version of printer drivers (based on the model number of your Canon printer) and install them on your Mac.
- To restart the Canon Printer, press and hold the power button.
- Use a USB cable to reconnect your MAC and printer.
- Next, go to the ‘Apple’ menu and select ‘System and Preferences.’ Now open ‘Printer and Scanners’ and use the ‘+’ sign to add a new printer.
- The status of your Canon printer will now be ‘online,’ and it is ready to use.
2. Apple’s Printing System Must Be Reset
Because of poor network settings, the printing system may be affected, and the Canon printer may appear offline on a Mac. To correct this error, follow the procedures below:
- Go to the Apple Menu first.
- Then choose ‘System Preferences’ from the drop-down menu.
- Then select the ‘Printer and scanner’ option.
- A pop-up window will appear on the left panel after that. Select ‘Reset Printing System’ from the context menu by right-clicking.
- You’ll be prompted to enter a user name and password. Fill in both of your credentials.
- Now press the ‘OK button.
- Wait a few moments for the printer list to appear.
- Finally, using the ‘+’ sign, add the printer again.
- Your printer will now return to ‘online’ mode after being in ‘offline mode and it will be ready to print.