What Is Canon IJ Scan Utility?
IJ Scan Utility is a scanning software. It allows the user to scan hardcopy documents, photos, etc. The software makes it easy to scan and save documents by clicking the correct icons. Thus, it saves time and makes the scanning process more efficient. All the icons will be visible to the user on the main screen of the canon ij scan utility.
There are distinct icons for scanning photos and documents. There is an “Auto” option which is a universal icon to scan anything. The “Photo” and “Document” icon has many settings, which are preferable when scanning the corresponding material. The user can increase the readability and visibility of the scanned material using these settings. Also, all the scanned images get automatically saved to a preset destination folder. If one wants, they can change the destination folder to something else.
Download IJ Scan Utility Windows 10
Certain steps need to be followed to use the Canon IJ Scan Utility in windows computers. First, one needs to download, install and run the software. The steps are mentioned below:
- First, visit the “Canon Support Page”. This is where one will find the Driver for downloading the software.
- Next, in the search box, type the model name/number of the scanner.
- When the model appears on the drop-down list, click on it. This will redirect the user to the support page of the scanner model.
- After this, under the option “Drivers and Downloads”, the user needs to make sure that the correct Operating System is selected. The selection can be made from the drop-down list.
- Next, from the “Drivers” option, the user needs to find and select the MP Driver supporting their device. Once found, press the “Select” button on the right side of the option. The software Canon IJ Scan Utility is a part of the MP Drivers package.
- Click on Download to get the file saved on the computer.
- Lastly, to install it, double click on the file after the download finishes. This will initiate the installation. Certain boxes will prompt up; keep following them to finish the installation.
Now, to run the Canon IJ Scan Utility application on Windows devices, the user must first locate it in their device.
- Windows XP, Windows 7, and Windows Vista
-Click on theStart icon, and then go to All Programs options.
– From the list, find and click Canon Utilities. Then, from the folder, click onIJ Scan Utility, and this will start running the software.
- For Windows 10
– The search starts from the Start Window. From there, click on All Apps.
– Next, search for Canon Utilities from the list of applications.
– When the app opens, select IJ Scan Utility. If the option is not outrightly visible, then in the search bar, type IJ Scan Utility and click search.
– Lastly, clicking on IJ Scan Utility will start running the application.
- For Windows 8
– One can find the software in the Start option.
-But if they are unable to find it, use the search bar and write IJ Scan Utility Tool and click search.
– Once found, click it to run the tool.
Download IJ Scan Utility for Mac
The following steps should be followed to use the canon ij scan utility mac
- Begin with visiting the Canon Support Page.
- Once the page loads, in the search box, type in the model of the scanner.
- As soon as one starts typing, a drop-down list will appear. From that list, select the scanner model and click on “GO”.
- The next step is to select the Operating System, in this case, Mac, in the “Drivers and Downloads” tab.
- Now comes selecting the Driver. Use the Drivers tab. In it, find the ICA Driver or TWAIN Driver based on the scanner model. To choose, click on “Select” on the right side of the option in the drop-down list.
- The last step in the download process is to click on the “Download” option to save the file on the device.
- Once the file is successfully downloaded, the user can start the installation process. For it, double-click the file that was just downloaded.
- This will lead to a disk-like image on the desktop screen. Open the file and open the .pkg file next. This will begin the installation of the Driver.
- Keep following the prompts to finish the installation process.
For running the application, the Mac users can follow the following steps.
- Start with the Finder dialogue box and choose the Application option under the Go menu.
- Look for the Canon utility folder and double-click on it. From there, click on the IJ Scan Utility Folder.
- Lastly, to run the application, click on Canon IJ Scan Utility 2 icon.
This IJ Scan Utility application is a very useful tool that can be used daily for different needs. The software provides features to choose from for better image quality. Even the canon ij scan utility download process for both Windows and Mac is very easy. One does not need a tech wizard to use this application.